To unite the youth of Sri Lanka from all ethnic and religious groups in a movement which provides hope and facilitates reconciliation in Sri Lanka.
Paving the way for a peaceful and prosperous Sri Lanka for future generations.
Why We Engage
- 70% of Sri Lankan youth do not have a friend outside of their ethnicity/religion.
- Out of the 10,000 government schools under the Ministry of Education only 112 schools teach in both Sinhala and Tamil mediums.
- 500,000 Sri Lankan’s have died in various cycles of violence in 71 years of independence.
- 3 million Sri Lankans have left Sri Lanka.
- Over 70,000 people are still missing due to war and violence.
- A large majority of Sri Lankans are seeking to leave Sri Lanka.
Yet over 48% of the population is under the age of 30. We believe they can lead the transformation of Sri Lanka needs, if we can invest in the next generation, we can transform the current bleak realities of our country.
- Become the largest youth movement of Sri Lanka with 5 million pledge members.
- To be active and vibrant in each district.
- Establish a Reconciliation Center in each district.
- Create sustainable friendship and relationships across ethnic and religious lines through language learning, integration, and socially good projects.
- Youth movements that respond immediately to natural disaster, injustices, radicalization, violent extremism and hate speech in any district of the country.
- Mentor key innovative leaders for key sectors in Sri Lanka.
- Create higher educational and vocational opportunities for rural Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka to be celebrated as a model for youth led Reconciliation by 2030.